Today we attended a Fronius training session in Launceston at the Peppers Seaport function room.
For those that are not aware Fronius began in 1945 in the small Austrian town of Pettenbach. At the time, charging car batteries was not the norm; Günter Fronius was unwilling to accept this. He began by repairing electrical appliances and building his first charger using 50 Hz technology. An old army hut in Rankleiten, near Pettenbach, was where the Fronius family lived at the time – this served as the first company headquarters for Fronius’ “specialist repair workshop for radios and electrical engineering”. With a small workshop next to the living quarters and his first employee Andreas Schinker, Günter Fronius laid the foundations for a global company. In 1992, the decision was taken to focus on the “future field” of solar energy leading the company to split into three strong divisions: Perfect Welding, Solar Energy and Perfect Charging.
So Fronius has been building inverters since 1992! In the solar industry that is a long time. This builds us with confidence when using Fronius inverters!
Okay, enough about Fronius history. What did I find interesting today? Well we discussed a number of cool features. Such as …
- Fronius is still manufactured in Austria. That’s pretty cool! It’s hard to find an inverter built anywhere but China now days.
- We watched a video clip of how well the inverters get tested to make sure they last the test of time. View the video clip here
- Fronius still have the 5+5 year warranty available. Basically you get a 5 year parts and labour warranty plus a further 5 year parts warranty.
- Local technical support is based in Melbourne. That’s handy that we have local Australian technical support.
- I learnt about IFTTT. What is IFTTT? Well i am still learning… Check out this article in the meantime i have more reading to do about IFTTT, and how i can use it to combine my Fronius inverter and my home automation.